Are you interested in an apprenticeship or traineeship? Or have you considered taking on an apprentice or trainee? You may find they could benefit your business greatly.
Entering an apprenticeship or traineeship is a great way to secure your future and there are a wide range of options available at TAFE Illawarra including automotive, bricklaying, carpentry, commercial cookery, engineering and hairdressing to name just a few.
As an apprentice or trainee, you will learn a skill or trade through a combination of work and structured learning to a nationally recognized qualification at Certificate II, III or IV level or in some cases Diploma.
You can contact your local Job Network Provider, Group Training Organisations, State Training Services or an Australian Apprenticeship Centre to find out more. Alternatively you can contact Course Information on 1300 766 123.
For business and employers
As a business owner you will find that apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to improve your business and are available to:
- new employees (New Entrant Trainees)
- existing employees (Existing Worker Trainees)
- part time employees (New Entrant or Existing Worker Trainees)
- part time .
There can be many benefits to your business including:
- an opportunity to expand your business
- increase the skills of your workers
- keep up with technological changes
- satisfy your customers’ needs
- meet the demand of new and emerging markets
- providing you with financial incentives from the Australian government for both employers and trainees, which can in turn reduce your wage costs
The training options available are now more flexible and can be customised to suit the needs of your business.
To arrange a traineeship or apprenticeship for your employees or to find out more, contact a Training Consultant on 02 4229 0656.
You can also contact an Australian Apprenticeship Centre who can:
- assist you in establishing trainee arrangements
- provide you with information on trainee eligibility and advice on employer Government subsidies
- administer the payment of Australian Government incentives for employers.
Pre-employment/ Pre-apprenticeships courses
If you’re interested in a particular area of study, but are having difficulty in securing an Apprenticeship or Traineeship you may wish to consider a pre-apprenticeship or pre-vocational training course.
These courses will allow you to undertake off-the-job training where you will gain basic skills relating to your chosen industry. These skills can often assist you in securing an apprenticeship or traineeship. You will gain Recognition for the units of competence that you have successfully completed.
For more information about Pre-apprenticeship or Pre-vocational courses, contact Course Information on 1300 766 123 or go to Course and Career Browser.