Thinking about applying for Recognition? Then follow this simple process.
Step 1: Find out more
- You will need to find out about the course/competency you want to study. Discuss with your Teacher or Counsellor
- Obtain a copy of the required Units of Competency
- Ask if there are any costs involved
Step 2: Compare your skills, knowledge and experience with what the competency will teach you
- You will need to know and document your skills from work, life experience and education
- If you have , make sure they have been translated into English
- Any on-the-job training or courses you have done at work or outside work
- Any qualifications that relate to you seeking Recognition
- Informal learning programs
Step 3: Obtain an enrolment adjustment - recognition Form
- If you believe you have the right skills to gain Recognition, complete the necessary form available from the teaching section
- Help can be obtained from your teacher or counsellor
Step 4: Decide how you will demonstrate to the assessor you have the knowledge, skills and experience
Gather the evidence you require to support your application. The kind of evidence you provide may include:
- Samples of your work
- Letters of evidence
- Records of workplace activities
If you cannot provide sufficient documentary evidence you may be asked to do a challenge activity before you can claim Recognition.
Step 5: Undertaking the Recognition process
- You may have to attend an interview with the assessor. This is an informal meeting to discuss your skills. You may be assessed in many ways such as giving a practical demonstration.
- The assessor may ask you questions about your application.
Step 6: Notification
- You will be notified of the outcome of the Recognition process. If successful an official Result Notice will be forwarded to you.
For more information regarding Recognition, speak with your Teacher or contact Course Information on 1300 766 123.