With environmental awareness, responsibilities, government regulation and competitor advantage becoming more and more important, the need for ‘Green Skills’ growing.
Regardless of whether you are a business owner or an employee, it is becoming increasingly paramount that you have the knowledge, experience and know-how to address environmental impacts and reduce your carbon footprint.
How can Green Skills Training Australia help your business?
Green Skills Training Australia can help your business through workforce development solutions that include best practice models, cutting edge techniques and footprint reduction.
Your business will benefit by committing to a sustainable future and in doing so securing your future in the marketplace. You will also notice other benefits including financial savings, through cost reduction, eligibility for government contracts and business competitiveness.
Green Skills Services
Green Skills Services can assist you in achieving your sustainable future through:
- Consulting - discover the sustainability issues that your business must know about and address
- Customised workshops tailored to address your priority sustainability issues
- Onsite delivery timed to suit your business operations
- Nationally accredited training
- Training needs analysis
- Source funding opportunities
- Partnership for your long term workforce development
- Ways to save water and energy in the workplace
- Solid waste management and resource recovery
- Create a pathway to implementing an Environmental Management System under ISO 14001.
Green Skills Training Criteria
Your initial training may be free or partly subsidised if:
- Your business is in the area of manufacturing, construction, engineering, hospitality or local government.
- Your business is located in Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Shoalhaven or Wingecarribee local government areas.
If you do not come under these criteria, you can still undertake training and assistance with funding that may be available from other sources.
TAFE Illawarra is also a Silver partner in the Sustainability Advantage initiative. This is a business support service from the Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) NSW designed to help organisations understand sustainability, successfully manage for a better environment and add business value.
What training programs are offered at TAFE Illawarra?
Click here to find out about the different programs on offer at TAFE Illawarra.
Want to find out more?
Contact Tony Schaefer
Green Skills Project Officer
TAFE NSW - Illawarra Institute on
02 4229 0343 or 0418 649 385