Interested in applying for a position with TAFE Illawarra? Below you will find everything you need to know.
The recruitment process
This outline will assist you to understand the recruitment process for TAFE NSW – Illawarra Institute. If you have any further questions you can call the Recruitment Officer on 4221 8954.
Our career opportunities are published on ourpage.
Applying for a position with TAFE Illawarra
- All applications are required to be submitted online through jobs NSW.
- When applying for a position it is important to clearly demonstrate how your skills, knowledge, personal qualities and experience meet the requirements (known as selection criteria) of the position.
- The information obtained from your online application, the interview and other assessment methods, including trade/skills tests and reports from your referees enable the selection panel to assess the merit of the applicants.
Create your own use profile
- To apply for a position you will need to create a user profile - just visit Jobs NSW and create your user profile, including your personal contact details. This information will automatically populate a range of important fields when you are applying for a position online, making the application task much easier for you.
- There is a helpful video tutorial on the Jobs NSW home page. Gain tips on how to create you user profile, how to search and how to apply for positions.
Advertising job vacancies
You can find out more about TAFE Illawarra vacancies
You will find a summary of the main role of the position, location and closing date for applications within these advertisements.
Additional information regarding the advertised position is contained in the relevant information package.
An Information package is available for each advertised position
You will need to obtain a copy of the information package, if you wish to apply for a position, as it contains;
- Selection Criteria
- Position Description or Statement of Duties
- Information about the TAFE Illawarra
Make sure you read through all the content of the information package thoroughly because this will assist you to complete your application and depending on the job there may be additional forms that need to be downloaded and submitted.
How do I obtain a copy of the information package?
You are able to obtain an information package for the advertised position
- By viewing the position on Current Job Opportunities, clicking on the position that you are interested in and clicking on the field ‘Information Package’.
Summary of the process
- Step 1 – Position is advertised
- Step 2 – Create your user profile through
- Step 3 – You will need to submit your application online through . Your application should contain a cover letter, your claim to the position, statements addressing the selection criteria, referee details, resume and other relevant information including your qualifications.
- Step 4 – The selection panel will review the applicant’s ability to meet each of the advertised selection criteria and will consider the relative merits of each applicant, and applicants are then shortlisted.
- Step 5 – Depending on the selection panel’s selection strategy, you may be called in for a proficiency or trade testing.
- Step 6 –The selection panel may then undertake a further short listing and applicants considered potentially suitable are called to interview.
- Step 7 – The selection panel will contact your referees.
- Step 8 – Interview process takes place. If called for an interview, please ensure you bring the following:
- 100 points of identification
- Original qualifications
- Step 9 – Panel determines suitable applicant.
- Step 10– Successful candidate is offered the position and following acceptance all other applicants are informed of the outcome of the process.