Finding it difficult to secure a job? TAFE NSW's Skills for Education and Employment (SEE Illawarra) Program can give you the skills you need to succeed.
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE Illawarra) Program is for people whose English language or reading, writing or maths skills are making it difficult for them to find a job. Classes aim to help eligible jobseekers to get and keep a job, prepare for training or study, and make everyday life easier.
You can attend up to 800 hours of free accredited training as part of a friendly and supportive group and learn at your own pace.
The SEE Illawarra program will help you:
- Improve your reading, writing, speaking and maths skills
- Improve your confidence and skills to study further
- Improve your chances of gaining employment or promotion
- Improve your basic computer skills
- Allow you to study between 10 and 20 hours per week. The total number of hours is agreed between you, your teacher and your jobactive provider.
Am I eligible?
To be able to do the training you must be:
- 15 to 64 years of age and
- Registered as a jobseeker with Department of Human Services (formerly Centrelink) and not a full time student.
If you are interested in this training, Department of Human Services or your jobactive provider can check if you are eligible and refer you to your TAFE NSW location. TAFE NSW can help you find out what you need to learn and how to go about it. Call (02) 4229 0737.
How do I get referred?
To make sure you can do this program and get a referral, you should talk to the Department of Human Services or your local Employment Service Provider.
If you live in a remote community, you should contact the Remote Jobs and Communities Program.
Where can I do the training?
SEE is delivered at the following TAFE NSW locations:
- Eden (access centre)
- Jindabyne (access centre)
- Moss Vale
- Batemans Bay
How do I find out more?
- Call TAFE NSW on 131 601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Department of Human Services on 132 850 from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call or visit your local Centrelink office
- Call the Skilling Australia information line on 13 38 73 from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call
- Contact your local jobactive provider
- Download the Skills for Education and Employment brochure